After feasting on the best breakfast casserole at a church women’s ministry, I sought out the cook and found her; Ruby Thornton. I recently served this breakfast casserole to guests who stayed in our home, and I received great reviews.
Best Breakfast Casserole
9×13 greased pan
- 4 slices of bread, cubed
- 6 bacon strips, drained, torn into pieces
- 14 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions (optional)
- 1 cup (4 oz) cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Fry bacon. Drain. Tear into pieces. Set aside.
- Cube bread. Place into greased pan.
- Beat eggs, milk and sour cream.
- Add bacon pieces.
- Add salt, pepper, green onions (optional) to taste.
- Pour onto bread pieces in pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.