1 John 5:4,5. “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
Pastor Davey explained that the Greek word for both the words, “victory” and “overcome” is Nike. Nike is really the word for a Christian. Christians have victory and overcome the world, because they have the God-implanted life.
A person who is not saved, flip-flops through life. That was what I did for 20 years. My life would have been a complete flop, if I had not repented of my sins and trusted Jesus and in His shed blood to save me from my sins.
Are you a flip-flop or a Nike? All believers are Nike; victorious and overcomers. The born again believer is a winner at this present moment, because Jesus is winning this present moment. Everyone belonging to God wins.
What are you trusting in to get to heaven? There is only one way to heaven. Trusting in your good works to outweigh your bad works will send you straight to hell. If you are not 100% sure you are going to heaven, please see my post “How to Be 100 % Sure You’re Going To Heaven.” https://www.heavenboundhomemaker.com/how-to-be-100-sure-youre-going-to-heaven/
If you trusted Jesus to save you, then you have Victory (Nike) because of the finished work of Jesus Christ.
I love to sing the hymn, “Victory in Jesus” by Eugene Monroe Bartlett, Sr.
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.
Nike Christian wife, are you a loafer or a ruby slipper? Are you slothful about what you are doing with your life, or do you sparkle in your home and outside your home for Jesus? When it comes to spending time with Jesus, are you a squeezer or a pleaser? Do you barely squeeze Him into your schedule, or do you seek to please Jesus by making Him first priority of the day?
“Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.” Proverbs 31:10
- The virtuous woman, like a ruby is rare, valuable and radiates inner beauty.
- Her value to the family is far above many priceless rubies.
- Everything and everyone the virtuous woman touches becomes more beautiful. She uses the opportunity to influence the world and lives around her by bringing beauty to those around her.
- The virtuous wife knows she must put on her walking shoes to walk with Jesus. As she walks with Jesus, He equips her for the day. She does not depend on her own thoughts, strength and power, but trusts the Lord to lead.
- The virtuous wife is dedicated to giving her best and doing her best for her household. She joyfully loves and serves her family.
- The virtuous wife lights a fire within her children’s hearts, so that they desire to have Jesus as Lord of their lives.
What is your favorite word? I think my favorite word is “family” and a second runner-up is “home.”
Because the virtuous Nike wife is worth far more than many ruby slippers, her family knows, “There’s no place like home.”