There is a reason Philippians 4 is my favorite chapter in the entire Bible. This chapter gives me a healthy mind when I start having the symptoms of an unhealthy mind. Every good Christian has felt the symptoms of an unhealthy mind coming on. The battle is in the mind, so Philippians 4 is my weapon I use. After all, the Bible is the two edged sword which cuts and defeats the problems of the mind.
What are the symptoms of an unhealthy mind?
Twelve Ways to Have A Healthy Mind from Philippians 4.
(Note: Paul wrote Philippians 4 while in jail awaiting to be executed.)
- Persevere in the Lord no matter what comes my way. Phil. 4:1
- Get along with others, and be at peace with them as much as possible. Phil. 4:2
- Help others and encourage them in their walk with the Lord. Phil.4:3
- No matter what happens, find my joy in the Lord always. Phil. 4:4
- Practice God’s presence. Know He is with me and He is coming soon. Be gentle and patient with everyone, because God is gentle and patient with me. Phil. 4:5
- Worry about nothing. Pray about everything with thankfulness! Phil. 4:6
- Praise God for His promise of ultimate peace that guards my mind after I leave my burdens with Him in prayer. Phil. 4:7
- Focus on my many blessings and replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Phil. 4:8
- Do right. Phil. 4:9
- Care about others. Give to others. Phil. 4:10,18
- Learn to be content with what I have. Phil. 4:11,12
- Have confidence knowing Christ is in me giving me needed strength to accomplish His will. Phil.4:13