Another school year is beginning, so I wanted to repost this article to give you encouragement! Homemaking-homeschooling Mom, what you are doing counts for all eternity! I pray you have an abundantly blessed school year and may your children grow up to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength!
A mother’s work day is exhausting! And then… top that off with homeschooling? Whew! Her workday does not end at 5:00 P.M.
Being a homemaker, wife, mother and homeschool mom is super hard work! Did you know God said the hard work you are facing today is His gift to you? That’s right! God calls homemaking, wifely duties, motherly duties and the work of a homeschooling mom a gift from Him to you. God also said He gave work to you for your enjoyment.
“It is good and comely (beautiful)….for one to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion (inheritance)…every man…rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.” Ecclesiastes 5:18, 19
Did you wake up this morning rejoicing while you thought about all the work you have to do? From this Scripture God says:
- The homemaker is to rejoice in her labor.
- The work of homemaking was given as a gift from God to the homemaker.
- The work of homemaking was given by God for enjoying life.
- The work of a homemaker is her inheritance in this life.
- God said the work of a homemaker, wife, mother and homeschooling mom is good and beautiful and rewarding.
Today, let us embrace our life even if we have troubles. Let us choose to love life in the midst of troubles. Most of life consists of daily routines. God wants us to embrace the ordinary. A lot of what we face in a day is hard. We can still enjoy life by embracing the goodness and blessings of God in the midst of hardships.
Let us make a decision today to love life. We embrace God’s gift of work when we know:
- God loves me.
- God is good.
- God wants His best for me.
- God has given me the gift of work for me to enjoy life.
When I go through a day, I have two choices:
- I can groan, mope and complain about my hard work.
- I can squeeze every ounce of happiness out of my work. Why? My work is God’s gift to me; a gift to embrace joyfully. God never gives bad gifts.
PS. Looking back, being a homeschool mom was the hardest job I ever had, but it was the most fulfilling job I ever had! When God calls a mother to homeschool, He equips her to do what seems to be impossible. What a loving Heavenly Father to give you and me such a wonderful gift of work. Just like a parent enjoys seeing their child happy when given a gift, our Heavenly Father delights in watching us being happy over His gift of work to us. Smile, because today is a day in which to rejoice! Embrace your gift from God!
If someone were new to homeschooling, what advice would you give them? I would love to hear from all of you! Huge Hint!