When I go to a French Restaurant, many times I order French Onion Soup as an appetizer. I cooked up my own version of French Onion Soup and added mushrooms. Talk about easy to cook and talk about delicious to eat! Bon Appetit!
French Onion Mushroom Soup (Yield: 6 cups)
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup whole mushrooms
- 6 slices french bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place onions, broth and mushrooms in Vita-Mix or blender and run for a few seconds or until vegetables are chopped.
- Pour mixture into a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls. Top with bread slices and cover each bowl with cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil until cheese melts.